Thursday, May 15, 2008

I did It!! I turned that whole shelf of clippings, books and magazines into this awesome book.


Ok, so intially I thought great idea, but I wasn't too sure if it would be useful really..or if it was just trying to be crafty. Once I began going through that whole shelf of cooking tips and aids and recipes..I have no idea how many times I've had to find "spice rubbed Turkey" or " Cranberry Stuffing" or "where's that mashed potato recipe I used last year" Now, it's all under "Holiday"



You can see perfect potatoes have been through a couple meals. I was thinking I should print out new ones so it would be all nice but then I though THIS IS A COOK BOOK...not a decor book. It better be used and messy.



I put every tip I had saved about how to sear steaks, what different potatoes taste like, which salts are good for what...How to cook meats (temps , how to check for doneness). I'm hoping the girls want to fight over this book when they are older. Ana said she has dibs..



0 comments: