Friday, October 17, 2008

My week ~ Dental and Chemical Peel

I did this first, Tuesday, Asante Spa. They so a few light exfoliating swabs ..with glycolic acid, then they apply the TCA peel the first one burned a bit, the second pass burned a lot for like 3 minutes. Is it worth it? This peeled slightly like when you put glue on your hand an let it dry. I got a few compliments on my skin. I want a medical grade peel now. For real.





For the filling of 3 teeth (don't laugh, I have been to the dentist like 3 times my whole life.) Dr. Cope's office is the Golden Standard in Dental care and patient comfort. I never felt a thing. I was not asleep however, just out of it for half the procedure. (It took 2 hours) I was given a lot of numbing shots and some nitrous. I started humming along with the drill. My smile is not crooked now, not why I went in but certainly a huge plus. I'm ready to do more teeth now :')

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nat's mom got a real deal chemical peel (that rhymes), and she was in pain for weeks, and looked like a monster. She said it wasn't worth it, but maybe you have a higher pain threshold. Don't you have good skin anyway? Thanks for the "intellectual snobs" comment by the way. That made me laugh. You are right! The first thing I thought was "Why did she capitalize "Snobs" and put a period after it even though it's not a sentence. I'm a dork. It's a curse.

Anonymous said...

I also just noticed that in my previous comment "Snobs" should have been 'Snobs', and there should have been a " after sentence. It really is a curse.

Melanie said...

Wow Laurie, that's great. I was wondering how that dentist trip went for you. We have Dr. Cope too. He is such a calming personality.