Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Grandmother




I don't have much going on on my side of the family tree. There weren't many people at the start and those few people were not very close. In my immediate family there is Me , my Mom and Dad, Stepfather , sister, stepmother and her 2 kids. I really never saw my father, maybe 5 or 6 times while I was young.I lived with my mom sister and stepfather. I haven't seen my sister in 3 years or so, my mother in about 8. My Mother's mom passed in 2006. Her father in 1987. My Father's Mom passed in 1951, great news story there. My grandfather passed in 1956 or so. Neither was 40. I have heard so many things about my father's mother and her untimely passing. It has been so wonderful to dig into who she was. Someone has uploaded yearbooks to Ancestry.com She was very active in school clubs like Journalism and writing. She has the same smile that I thought was a goof up until now. She's perfect! I was in Journalism in high school, and when I entered college as a freshman it was to be a journalist. Fascinating.

2 comments:

The Fishers said...

is it safe to assume that since I was able to read you have my email... if so, add me again. if not, hreusakwr@hotmail.com

Levi and Amanda said...

Wow, there is definitely a resemblance between you and your grandmother. Very cool. I love family history and old photographs. We have a photo of Levi'd grandfather that looks just like Jonah. So fun to look through all that stuff and see who came before us.

I've been reading your blog since it went private but just in case you need my email again it's
mumtojonah [at] gmail [dot] com