Monday, February 23, 2009

Romantic Time



Ben and I have been married almost 10 years and we finally spent two whole nights together without kids. We got a chance to go to Lawson's Landing for my 37th birthday. The first night was starry.. we slept like rocks at 7 am sun was shiny.. even though we had the chance to sleep in ..we just couldn't. We did drive all the north to Bodega bay.. into Petaluma for snackies.. then back to hike sand dunes. they are really big...bigger than a 2 story house. Cows are roaming free all over.. pretty cool.We sat at the top then kinda skiied down the dunes. The path back down actually had me walking through a cow pasture.. cow pies all over.. that part was gross. Then we drove up to Shell Beach to look at tide pools.. there we found a nasty sea slug like thing,
Ben calls it a brain. I think I could spend hours looking at anenomes and starfish. We drove back down all the way to Stinson Beach..then went back up to DB , ate at the Dillon's Beach cafe for dinner. We have decided in the future you have no reason to leave DB area except for tide pools, it's all right there. the sunset was beautiful as we ate in the Cafe sunroom..We ended our trip by walking the beach in the dark I'm kinda paranoid that the waves I can't see will get me.. I got over it..then we went back to the chateau. The storm rolled in shortly after.. Pretty awesome hearing a storm on the ocean..
Thanks to all who helped us spend time together..oddly we were bored without the kids. Now we remember why we had so many.

1 comments:

Melissa said...

you guys are so cute! It is fun to get away sometimes, but i miss the noise too.
~Melissa