Monday, December 19, 2005

I feel swamped..All anyone talks about is giving gifts / not giving gifts..when Jesus was born..how Christmas isn't really his birth date so..what the heck. When I was a child Christmas was magic, reverent ..somehow refreshing and special..When I was young I liked to sit and watch snow flakes fall in the deafening silence of a snowy night . As a young child I sat in my friend's life sized yard nativity scene and looked at the baby Jesus.. I knew it was all really important.
I don't care about anything the news says ..none of it gets to the heart of what I really feel daily, it's all meant to be inciteful..not insightful..
I just want calm reverence, sugarplum fairies, nativity scenes, songs like Greensleeves, and silent night on Christmas eve ..and perhaps a few groggy joyful present openings early Christmas day..and no arguing.
Even if he wasn't born on that date, it's when we have universally chosen to celebrate a spirit of hope..the promise that his coming gives to each of us.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice blog. Keep up the "insightful" thoughts...!

- Jim