Tuesday, December 13, 2005

You know, I have never been strongly for or against capital punishment, the Tookie thing made me think about it and I think I may have answered myself. I first thought are we depriving people the chance to "get right with God" I am going to sound like a moron to someone I'm sure...but then I thought more and ...look at Tookie he was able to still do something good in the time they gave him (what 24 years?) before his death..
Still not sure where I stand. Many Societies without our capacity to jail people for extensive periods of time , have capital punishment. I will need to one day seriously think about it more.

UPDATED I have decided against, if there is no DNA evidence...there's things prisoners can do..lots of work and perhaps reparations.. though..a dna proved child killer..that's tough..

0 comments: