Friday, December 19, 2008

The Polar Express



I was blessed with the fore sight to buy these tickets in October..it sells out you see, before November. Nolan watched this movie like 3 times a day for a while..we would all groan every time he asked for "train movie". We arrived early enough o watch a hobo guy play a gypsy instrument and make puppets dance with his feet. The first pic is when the train was pulling up. Big, black, puffing smoke..it was soooo loud.


Yes! Servers ran up and down doing a few flips and stuff , then the real servers gave us a cookie and cocoa. My favorite thing. They read the original story as staff held books up for children to see. We chugged slowly through downtown Sac. waving at cars cheerfully. We arrived at The North Pole, it seemed to take forever. We did not crash into a lake. Sadly.

Nolan took this so seriously. He was either excited, or shy and pensive. He really thought it was all real. He shook the bell over and over next to his ear. The conductor said to our kids.."Make sure you shake those all the way home, your parents can't hear them."


Right about here I got all teary. I must look like I'm going to get sick or something, I hate crying so I just let water drip.Nolan will be a big boy and this will have to wait for grandkids. Just when I get too misty..well, that's what big kids are for..




2 comments:

Nicole said...

I was wondering how that went. Mia loves that movie and in fact is watching it as I type. Hmmm I'll keep it in mind for next year

Anonymous said...

Your kids are hecka cute.