Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Wisdom people speak....


I hear things that people say to me that are sometimes amazing. I should share these things.

The other day I needed to pick up a small camera for Ebay listings. I found a great one, at a super cheap price , just 30$. I arranged to meet the man to exchange. When I meet him he is apparently I believe Afghani. Very dignified, yet simple and commanding. The kind of person you feel you should be very respectful towards not out of fear but the feeling that they are to be respected. He looked so simple but fully clean. He shows me all of the cameras functions. He has put in new batteries for me. The man has saved his receipt , kept the plastic on the back of the camera.

I was so impressed, I remarked, "Wow, you take amazing care of your things!"

He says, " These are our investments, we should take care of them so one day they can be for someone else."

This statement in regards to everything in our lives the small to large is mostly lost on our country. He has a spotless older little truck too. White of course. ;)

1 comments:

Nicole said...

Smart man