Sunday, December 21, 2008

This time Last Year.....

I like blogging, and see the reason for journaling. To see patterns..
In the past month we have

Lost a Job of 3 years
Had 2 tires go bald to the steel bands
Had a fender bender
Had our refrigerator die (tonight)
Lost all our cold food..(I'm hoping not all, it's all we have till next month)
Locked myself out of the van , with cell phone and keys inside

If you check back in my blog for dec//jan..not as bad but
we had

Tree fall on van
washer broke
Locked self out 2x one from each car.

see a pattern, insight is welcome. Whatever it is I want desperately to quit doing it.

though I had 2 new thoughts today
a) Even in the summer things were a little rough...we had loan problems.. eh..
b) Maybe I should just start only blogging the good stuff, then a year from now I would look back and see only good things happen to me.

Though, something tells me it's like this right before you become filthy stinkin rich...or something...I hope. Like trial by fire. Maybe.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Try to stay positive. Count your many blessing, name them one by one...la de da de da... Lord has done. It's tough to name them in crappy times but for me it's what keeps me sane. Good, luck. I hear a fride is coming soon. So that's good.

Benjamin said...

Sadly we lost all the food though..and won't have money for more for about 2 weeks.. That is sad..but ..It'll work out.

bechtold clan said...

Oh Laurie- keep blogging about this stuff....really- it helps to put it out there etc you know? I know this isnt any comfort but you arent the only one unfortunately...Noels parents lost their jobs in the summer and they just sold their car so they can keep going( it was paid for) these are terrible times and I know you guys are doing everything you can. My mother sends her love and we want you to know you are in our prayers